I’ve been ‘Shamelessly Promoting Someone Else’ for as many years as I’ve been online and I decided to take it one-step further. Despite the internet’s reputation for trolls, I’ve found that I interact with a brilliant collection of people on a daily basis. Each offers a gift whether it’s art, knowledge, a story, or just a well-timed joke. I wanted a way to thank them for inspiring me that was less impermanent than a typed ‘thank you’.
This is a personal award that I bestow on people who I feel are excellent examples of different aspects of the creative community, or of humanity in general. Anyone I interact with is eligible to receive it, and it is awarded once each month.
You may want to pop by my website and read this entire post. Today’s challenge is slightly different from my usual ones. You’ll note, there is a link to an e-pub of my novel and a coupon that makes it free. I am currently testing the ‘organic reach’ of my social media accounts. The fact that you are reading this post means that YOU are my magic ‘interaction’ unicorn and you deserve a prize. No, this does not mean you have to get a copy of my book (though I won’t say no if you do). This is where the ‘opportunity’ portion of my post comes into play.
I invite you to link one of your works (novel, short-story, poetry, art, recipe, or social media account/website) with today’s submission. Note: you do not have to include a coupon to make use of this; I leave that entirely up to you. I look forward to seeing what you link. Post your six-word story and personal link on my website, FB, or wherever you happen to find this post.
I’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award
Or rather, I was back on June 9th… Sorry it’s taken this long to get to publishing this, but I’ve had a lot to do in the last few weeks.
What did I do to deserve this? As it turns out, means that someone was impressed enough with my blog to think it warranted some extra love. Thank you seejaystark!
There are specific steps involved in the nomination process… Once the recipient has eleven inspirational bloggers total, they draft up eleven questions to ask everyone. Then they answer the eleven questions they’d been posed by the person who nominated them in the first place. Once that’s complete, they pass along the fun and notify their nominees – sort of like a chain-letter without the invariable negativity. Personally, I think it’s a great way to express appreciation for bloggers and the content they create.
Here are the rules in point form:
Acknowledge the blog who nominated you.
seejaystark is the person behind my nomination – Thank you so much. It means a lot to know that you enjoy my six-word stories (and other occasional offerings).
You can find him here on Instagram and Twitter.
Answer the 11 questions your nominator asked.
1) When emptying the dishwasher, what is your least favorite thing to have to put away? Cutlery. Invariably, I drop it and end up impaling my feet with butter knives.
2) Who’s your favorite muppet? Kermit. It’s not easy being green.
3) How many pets have you had? Eleven. Two dogs, ten cats, all loved.
4) What is your favorite non-alcoholic beverage? Water or tea.
5) Who is your favorite audiobook narrator? (If you don’t listen to audiobooks, who is your favorite musician/band?) Stephen Fry
6) Your plane, which is for some reason carrying a copy of every music CD ever created, is crashing on a deserted island. You have time to only save 1 CD. This will be the only music you can listen to until you’re saved… IF you’re saved (dun dun dunnnnn)… what disc do you grab? If I’m allowed to squeezle here and be a rules lawyer; you say a copy of every music CD ever created? That includes copies that I’ve burned/created which are compilation disks. I’d choose writing disk 2. It has a mix of music from the 60s through 2000s. If I can’t squeezle, then I’d pick “Automatica” or “Solar Echoes” by Nigel Stanford, or “Exhale” by Koan.
7) What piece of work, created by you, are you most proud of right now? My novel, “The Korpes File”
8) What fictional world would you like to live in? The one that exists inside my head. 🙂
9) What’s your favorite kind of cheese? Tough call… Monterey Jack.
10) Which of your OC’s (Original Characters) is most like yourself? Ha! All of my brain babies are like me in some way or another… to be fair Nash has the majority of my personality quirks.
11) What color/pattern are your bed sheets? Solid colors – Chocolate, or cream.
Nominate 11 other bloggers. I follow close to 150 people and everyone on my list deserves to be nominated. I spent hours agonizing over my choices and finally arrived at the following.
1. What do you feel is the best blog post you’ve written to date and why?
2. If you had to choose one of your current projects to tell a group of strangers about, what would it be?
3. Who in your life (living or dead) provided you with the best inspiration?
4. What book would you recommend that everyone read?
5. What is your favorite movie?
6. Hypothetical: You’re a well-paid guinea-pig being abandoned on a remote tropical island for an extended period (several years). You have ample food supplies, shelter (even indoor plumbing), electricity, and a decent computer… but the internet is nonexistent, and you will have no human contact. One of the scientists takes pity on you and will leave you an external drive with movies, TV/Netflix series, games, and books on it, but the catch is it can only be one genre. Which genre would you choose?
7. Cat, dog, or other?
8. When you’re being creative, do you prefer quiet or some form of sound (music, audiobook…) in the background?
9. What can move you more, images or words?
10. If you could be assured of accomplishing one thing with your life, what would be your magnum opus?
11. What is your favorite color?